This is a simple recipe that will become a new weeknight favorite. It’s a one-pot meal that can be prepped ahead of time. Cut up all the veggies on Sunday then toss them all in the day you make it. It’s also fun to eat and feels like a fancy restaurant meal. You could serve this with Boston Bibb lettuce or romaine; any lettuce that will hold up being wrapped around the ingredients. Enjoy!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb Chicken tenders (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1 Orange pepper (diced)
- 5-6 White mushrooms (diced)
- 3 Celery stalks (diced)
- 3 Carrots (sliced)
- 5-6 Brussels sprouts (quartered, stems discarded)
- 2 tsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Coconut aminos
- 1 tsp Red pepper flake (crushed)
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Head of Iceberg lettuce (leaves separated)
Heat the coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion, celery, pepper, and garlic. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
Add the chicken. Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until beginning to brown, stirring frequently.
Add the mushrooms, carrots, and Brussel sprouts. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the rice vinegar, coconut aminos, ground ginger, and crushed red pepper flake. Stir to coat.
Season with salt and pepper.
Sauté another 2 to 3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Transfer to a serving platter with the iceberg lettuce.
To eat, spoon about 2 tbsp of the chicken mixture into a lettuce leaf, fold over and eat.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes