If you’re looking for a hearty and traditional meal with a paleo twist, our Beef Stroganoff with Patty Pan Noodles is perfect for you. This meal makes for a great regular evening meal, if you have time to set the Crock-Pot going at the start of your day. If not, this is a great family Sunday lunch or dinner.
Beef Stroganoff with Patty Pan Noodles
- 3 Patty pan squash
- 1 Onion (large , diced)
- 2 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1.5 lbs Cheap beef (I used bone in thin beef cutlets because they were on sale. It doesn’t have to be the best cut since it will become tender in the Crock-Pot)
- 1 c Beef broth
- 10 oz Fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Bay leaf
- Pinch allspice
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 c Coconut milk
- Parsley (Chopped fresh, as garnish - optional)
Dice your onion and mince your garlic. Place in the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
Add in beef and seasonings (allspice, bay leaf, thyme, sea salt).
Top with beef broth and coconut milk. Stir gently.
Cover with fresh, sliced mushrooms and 2 tbsp butter. Set remaining 1 tbsp butter aside for squash.
Cook on low for eight hours. You might consider stirring midway if possible.
Right before serving, use a mandolin to slice up patty pan squash into matchsticks. (If you have a spiralizer and want to do it that way, you rock!)
Place patty pan matchsticks in a small saucepan along with 1 tbsp butter. Sauté on medium-high while stirring constantly for about five minutes. Cook until ‘al dente’.
Serve the stroganoff on top of the squash and garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 3-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes