- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp bacon fat (can substitute coconut oil)
- 2/3 c diced onions
- 2 heaped tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- Brown ground beef on medium in a deep saucepan or pot.
- Strain off fat (optional).
- In another small pan, sauté garlic, oregano, and onions until translucent.
- Add cooked onions, garlic, and oregano to the ground beef. Mix well.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper to the meat mixture.
- Put canned diced tomatoes into the blender, and blend to desired consistency.
- Add blended diced tomatoes to the meat mixture. Throw bay leaf into the pot.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes or until flavors are robust and combined, stirring occasionally.
Serve over fresh sautéed vegetables or cooked spaghetti squash.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 4-Week Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes