What is the Paleo Diet?
The paleo diet is a framework for dieting and eating based on the food sources and eating habits of our paleolithic ancestors who evolved over hundreds of thousands of years to eat meats, eggs, vegetables, fruits, and nuts and less of the processed, sugary foods we find on most modern standard american diets (or, as we like to call them SADs).
Foods you can eat on the paleo diet.
Meats, eggs, vegetables, fruits and nuts.
Everything else. Mostly grains, dairy, processed foods, unnatural sugars and legumes.
We have a complete set of paleo diet food list and resources available here.
Are Legumes Paleo?
First of all, what the hell are legumes? No one seems to know. I mean, even a quick search of Google will tell you this – and we quote:
- A leguminous plant.
- A seed, pod, or other edible part of a leguminous plant used as food.
Thanks for the help Google! Yeah, right. Thatt’s like saying the paleo diet is simply a diet of food that’s paleo – while technically true – it’s not helpful at all.
What are Legumes?
Here’s what legumes really are. Legumes are the dried seeds found within a pod that hangs from a plant.
You might not be able to think of a ton of plants that fall into that category off the top of your head so here’s an almost complete list of legumes:
- Peanuts (a legume whose pod does not split open).
If you’re looking to get started with the paleo diet – you’ve found the right place – we have collected massive amounts of paleo diet resources available for you to check out.
Paleo Diet Blogs, Sites, and Resources
- The Paleo Diet
- Rob Wolf - Author of the Paleo Solution
- The Beginner’s Guide to the Paleo Diet gives you a nerds-eye view of what actually goes into the paleo diet. Complete with Star Wars photos – what more could you want?
- Paleo Plan
- Paleo Diet
- Free the Animal
- Whole Health Source
- Ancestral Momentum
- Protein Power
- Conditioning Research
- Art De Vany
- Jimmy Moore – Living La Vida Low Carb
- Hunt. Gather. Love.
PALEO DIET FILMS
- Fat Head
- Food, Inc.
- King Corn
- Sugar: The Bitter Truth
- Gary Taubes “Big Fat Lies” Lecture
- In Search of the Perfect Human Diet
PALEO SNACKS AND FOOD
- Paleo Brands
- Steve’s Original – PaleoKits
- Tanka Bars
- Paleo Treats
- Caveman Cookies
- Slant Shack Jerky
Paleo Diet Training Guides
Paleo Fitness Guides
40 Day Fit Guide – Vic Magary
Fat Loss For Free – Vic Magary
Crossfit Paleo Information
Be careful with crossfit. It’s relatively easy to get “certified” and some coaches are more interested in making you hurt than actually pushing your body to the limits in a healthy way. Be smart, know your body and if you push past pain into discomfort – slow down – there’s no need to hurt yourself.
- Crossfit.com - The HQ for all things crossfit. This is the official crossfit site to check out.
- FringeSport.com - Looking for crossfit equipment? Look no further.
- Rogue Fitness
- Hammerhead Fitness
MovNat Resources and Information
MovNat is a fitness concept that teaches you how to move naturally with ease, power and grace. It’s sort of the fitness side of the paleo framework. Learn more about MovNat here.
Paleo Diet Resources,