Looking for an aromatic butter to add to your food and snacks? Look no further. This butter smells like Christmas, and it’s great on Paleo Butter Biscuits, added as a dollop to morning smoothies, and on a spoon right out of the jar! Enjoy.
- 6 apples, diced (removing the skins is optional, and this recipe turns out fine with the skins intact, so I don’t recommend the extra effort)
- 20 dried figs, stems removed and halved
- 1/2 c pure maple syrup
- 1 c water
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- Place all the ingredients into your slow cooker, and mix well. The apples will release more liquid as they cook, so don’t worry if the water doesn’t completely cover the mix. It is best to make sure that the spices are evenly distributed though.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the apples are completely mushy and it smells like Christmas.
- Using a soup ladle, spoon half of the Crock-Pot mix into a blender, and blend until smooth. Using a soup ladle, add the rest of the mix to the stuff in the blender, and mix the second half.
- Using a spoon and/or a spatula, transfer the mixture to Mason jars for storage. These freeze well, so feel free to put a jar or two in the freezer.
Download Your FREE Paleo Starter Kit Today!
- 4-Week Paleo Diet Meal Plan
- Comprehensive Paleo Diet Shopping List
- 5 of Our Favorite Paleo Diet Recipes